free html hit counter

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Rain, rain...

...and more rain. It's been raining here a lot lately. Yesterday I had to reinforce the staples that hold up the plastic sheet above my desk which catches the water dripping out of the ceiling. The originals were starting to pull loose under the weight. Since it was supposed to rain all night tonight, I drained the water out before I left. I'd guess there was slightly more than a quart.

Paul Graham has posted a new essay on Great Hackers. Conversation-provoking at least, even if you don't agree with him. I think Why Nerds Are Unpopular is better, though, if only because it speaks more directly to my personal experience. I'm not a Great Hacker, but I was definitely a nerd.

So far I've only been drawing practice things -- perspective exercises, stick figures in action poses, simple portraits. I need to draw some interesting things I can post that people might enjoy looking at. Maybe that'll be my weekend project.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home