free html hit counter

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Not so cool....

The AC unit in my office lasted less than a day. Oh, well -- it was old and moldy anyway. I stayed really late Tuesday night installing a new one, and so far it's working pretty well. I have to leave it running full blast all morning and freeze just so it'll remain bearable until 5 o'clock. I also feel like one of the guys in Apollo 13, since there's a very specific order we have to turn on all the ACs and fans upstairs in order to keep from throwing a breaker.

There are some perks to working at a small company, though. I'll bet programmers at IBM and Microsoft never get to install their own air conditioners!

The trip to Little Rock was fun except for the heat, humidity, and mosquitoes. Good to see the family for a bit.

I've started planning my story for NaNoWriMo, although I confess that I still need to finish last year's story (Sorry, Joy! It's coming -- I promise!) November is really a bad month for me to try to do that sort of thing, what with my birthday, Thanksgiving, and usually some other stuff going on, but I'm giving it a shot anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home