free html hit counter

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Harps and Halo (2)

Well, after worrying about trying to hold off on getting Halo 2, it turned out that I went two entire weeks without an opportunity to get it. Well, I had chances, obviously, but I wanted to get it at Best Buy, since the $15 worth of McDonald's Monopoly money I had would bring it down to $15.

I'm only about an hour into it, but so far it's good. Very good. Very, very good. If somebody made a game based on Starship Troopers (the book, not the crappy movie), it would probably be very much like Halo 2. A little slice of console gaming heaven. Well, maybe not all that, but it is an excellent game.

The major attraction, though, is online multiplayer via Xbox Live. Haven't tried that yet, but it's next on my todo list. My only other Live experience was a little bit of Crimson Skies this past weekend, during which some twelve year-old announced via voice chat that I was "gay with women." I'm not sure what he meant by that, but I assumed he intended it as an insult. I felt much better after I fragged his ass a few times. Little punk. :-)

Update: If you want to keep track of my progress in Halo 2 multiplayer, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home