free html hit counter

Friday, October 29, 2004

Five days and counting....

Just five for days until the election, and thank God! I'm normally pretty into following politics, but I'm just sick of it this year. This campaign has essentially been going non-stop since Wednesday, November 8, 2000, and I think that's quite enough. Let's just get it the hell over with already.

There are tons of organizations encouraging people to vote. "It's your right to vote, you have an obligation to vote, yadda yadda, blah blah blah...." It's true -- you do have a right to vote, as does everyone else. There is, however, absolutely no obligation to vote. What we have an obligation to do is become (and remain) informed, involved citizens.

So, I'm bucking the trend. If you don't know and/or don't care, do not vote. Yup, I'm telling you not to exercise your right to vote if you haven't taken the time to become at least moderately educated about the issues and people at stake. To vote in complete ignorance would be, in my opinion, more irresponsible than not voting at all.

I don't care who or what you vote for, but do it because you understand the vote you're casting, not just because some celebrity or slick movie told you to.

I think I've abused italics quite enough for one evening....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home