free html hit counter

Sunday, October 31, 2004

All Hallow's Eve

So this is Halloween night. As I feared, our decorations haven't worked quite right. It just isn't dark enough. Next year I'm obviously going to have to put some effort into designing scary porch decorations that aren't hindered by the light. That, or I'm going to have to figure out a way to extinguish a 20 foot tall street light.... I'll put up some pics of the revised decorations after our test run last night.

Update: Our final total on trick-or-treaters was around 23. Way down from last year, I think, but it was raining pretty good most of the evening.

This isn't just All Hallow's Eve, though. This is also NaNoWriMo Eve. Yes, I'm going to subject myself to it again. 1670 words a day or so for 30 straight days. (Yes, I am still going to finish the story I started last year, for those who are wondering.) Unlike last year, though, I still don't have a clue what I'm going to write. Actually, I've got two ideas, but neither is very good, neither could be stretched to 50k words, and neither is a story I'm particularly excited about spending 30 days with. I'll keep everyone posted, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home