free html hit counter

Saturday, October 30, 2004

28 going on 29

Getting ready for my 29th birthday on Wednesday. I don't know what (if anything) we'll do to celebrate, but I do know that the clock is ticking on Heather Marie's present-shopping time! ;-)

We spent the afternoon decorating our porch for Halloween, trying to make it dark and creepy. I'm not sure if it's going to work out the way we wanted, though, since the street light on the corner of our yard pretty much precludes any serious creepiness. We're making a valiant effort this year, with black plastic, spooky sound effects, black lights, and other decorations, but I'm afraid the light is going to ruin it. We'll see. I think next year we may have to incorporate the light somehow, but we were also hamstrung this year by uncertainty about whether kids would be coming Saturday or Sunday night. I'll post pictures soon.

I've pretty much avoided talk of politics here, which is a little surprising to lots of people who know me, but I just had to mention this: I do have to wonder how it must feel to be a fanatically anti-Bush liberal and to suddenly find yourself in agreement with Osama Bin Laden. I'm pretty sure I'd be sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home