free html hit counter

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Urgh

I hate days that I spend fighting with my tools instead of actually writing code. I won't go into detail, but it was extra frustrating.

Finally updated my reading list. No, PHP isn't exactly bedside reading, but I'm not reading it for entertainment (unlike Code Complete and Learning Python -- really). Although I really, really wanted to use Python for the web app I'm working on, PHP just turned out to be the better choice. It's literally tailor-made for what I'm doing and -- most importantly -- it's already available for free on the web host. Looks like we'd have to pay them an hourly rate to recompile Apache with mod_python support. Oh, well.

The zombie book is a blast. You never know when you might find yourself in a zombie outbreak, and knowing how to handle it could save your life! Remember: Blades don't need reloading!

Weremoose and I have been craving some pen and paper RPGing, but we both lack good local groups to play with. We know people we want to play with, but since they're all scattered across the continent we're looking at ways to play online. Some combination of VoIP and online RPG tools like WebRPG or OpenRPG looks promising. The big question is what ruleset to use. We're not too interested in the D&D d20 rules. GURPS has the advantage of being cross-genre, while LA has the advantage of simplicity. We're not sure which is more important to us yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home