free html hit counter

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Chip Flip

Coming back from Wal-Mart tonight, Heather Marie and I got into a heated...discussion...about the nature of Pringles potato chips.

Most individual chips of any brand have one side that is saltier or more flavored than the other side. I maintain that the great thing about Pringles is that the salty side is completely predictable: it is always the "bottom" side, as the chip is removed from the tube.

Heather Marie maintains that there is no difference between the top and bottom of a Pringles chip.

Anyone else have an opinion?

In other matters, I'm a little torn at work. I definitely feel a little under-utilized at times, which can obviously lead to some feelings of insecurity and uncertainty. I'm not sure what, if anything, I can do to break that cycle, but I'm inspired by Alan Kay's statement: "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Maybe what I need to do is look for ways to become more involved in future development, forge a sort of personal job variation on the Blue Water approach to marketing -- seek out fresh new areas instead of struggling in old ones.

Something to think about tonight, anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, I haven't had regular Pringles in a long time. I have no idea what the ranch and onion and whatever Pringles are like since I don't eat those kind. However, I do think that one side of the cheese and pizza flavored ones is cheesier or pizzaier than the other. Sadly, I don't know which side it is since I'm usually too busy enjoying them to worry.

5/05/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I'm sure it's on the bottom, since that's always the side they more heavily season. A coworker actually saw a Food Network show that explained the making of Pringles, and demonstrated how one side always has more seasoning. Apparently there's actually some reason for it, too, like providing an option for people who prefer more subtle potato chip flavors or something.

5/05/2006 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home