free html hit counter

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Back to my roots

Some of the guys at work today were setting some stuff up on a new Linux box, and they called on my (scant) expertise to help them out. Now that was a blast from the past! I haven't done any serious work on a Linux system since I finished grad school. While I was an undergrad, I worked on the Desktop Unix Support Team at the UA, installing, configuring, and (duh) supporting faculty and staff Sun Solaris workstations. It's been a long time, but I was surprised how quickly most of it came back to me. Maybe I need to think again about building a home print/fileserver based on Linux....

I just discovered that Wilco is coming to the WAC in March, but it looks like the tickets are all sold out. Bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home