free html hit counter

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fun Day

Heather Marie and I had a nice, fun day today. We slept in some this morning, then split the morning and afternoon between cleaning the garage, yardwork, and Gimore Girls DVDs.

This evening we went out in search of large coffee mugs. And I don't mean just big mugs, I mean coffee bowls! Well, not actually coffee, mostly hot chocolate. After looking at nearly every store and coffee house in town, we finally hit paydirt at Dillard's where we found not only a big mug, but multiple big mugs, so there was a wide selection.

I'm glad we finally found some after a couple of weeks of looking, but I'll admit to being a little disappointed that we found them so quickly. I love looking for stuff (or questing, as I jokingly call it), usually more than actually buying the things once they're found.

Going back to my childhood, I've usually been looking for something. Leader-1 and Aerialbots were my Questing Beast for a while. Before the mugs, I spent most of a year looking for a good pocket radio. It was really only relatively recently that I realized it was the quest I enjoyed more than its completion, which is probably why just finding the thing online and ordering it has always seemed like cheating.

So, now that we've found the mugs, I wonder what I'll look for next. Whatever it is, I hope it takes a long time to find. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

I'm sure you'll discover something wrong with them and decide to go questing again.

4/02/2006 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home