free html hit counter

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Another Bad Haircut

Not really bad, exactly. It was a perfectly competent haircut, it just wasn't at all what I wanted. My hair had gotten a little long (not creepy, hippy hitchhiker long, but just a little shaggy), and I was actually rather enjoying it. So when I went to get it cut today, I said that I liked the length on the top, but just wanted the sides trimmed and perhaps the whole lot thinned and textured a little.

"Well, alright!" she said, and she gave me a haircut! It was very Ray Stevens.

Now that it's dried, it doesn't look half bad, and when I begin my second career as either a funeral director or televangelist, it'll be a great look. Until then, though, it is not a good look for me, but I'm hopeful that I can salvage it in the shower tomorrow.

I've really got to find a good hair stylist. I had one once, but her jerk ex-boyfriend was stalking her and she had to move out of state. I saw a survey a few years ago that listed "great hair stylists" as one of Northwest Arkansas' best-kept secrets. As far as I can tell, it's still well-kept.

I want a stylist I can go to and say, "It's long, you've got plenty to work with. You know what my hair is like. Give me a style that looks good. No boundaries except that I don't want anything freakish. I'm ready for a change, so get creative." I've noticed that most of the people I say that to get a bit of a deer in the headlights look: "A change? You want to part it on the other side or something?"

Then they procede to give me exactly the same haircut that everyone else gets.

I think next time I need one, if I can't find a good place, I'll just do it myself. Yeah, it'll just be a short-short cut with the clippers, but why pay $15 for a mediocre haircut when I can get myself a mediocre cut for free?

The most frustrating part is that I can't even ask any of my guy friends where they go, because they all just get the basic guy-cut. I'll keep looking, though. There has to be someplace around here that would be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home