free html hit counter

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tech Frustration

What an incredibly frustrating day. At work, most of the stuff I've been working on for the past week and a half was rendered unnecessary by other changes elsewhere in the program. That's not bad, since the new changes will be much better in the long run, but it is frustrating that there are still so many things changing in our codebase that I can't ever be sure that the stuff I build one day will still work (or even be there) the next. Sigh....

At home, Heather Marie is working on a podcast for the museum. It seems to be going pretty well, but I really don't know much about audio editing, so I'm of limited help. I can do all the podcast-specific stuff with no problem, but the other stuff is giving me fits. Heather's having a hard time finding resources that explain it in layman's terms, and I don't know enough about it to help explain it.

On top of that, she's having trouble loading podcasts onto her iPod. Instead of showing up in the podcasts list, they're just showing up under the artist/album that they're part of. She's found a couple of purported solutions, but so far none that have soluted anything.

The NWADNUG meeting tonight wasn't bad, but it was a little awkward, since I didn't know anyone. Put 22 unfamiliar computer geeks in a room with each other, and just watch the socialization fly! The presentation wasn't bad, but it wasn't much that I didn't know. At least I'll have something to report tomorrow at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home