free html hit counter

Monday, February 06, 2006

Lookin' for Apple Love

Come on, Apple! Where's the love? There actually are lots of people outside major metropolitan areas who use your products, and there are many more who would choose to do so if they had a good chance to try them. Yet I see that Denver is getting yet another Apple Store to go with the two they already have, while here in Northwest Arkansas (one of the fastest growing soon-to-be-metro areas in the country, I might add!) our nearest Apple Store is 3.5 hours away in Oklahoma City. And even that is an improvement over the 5 hour trip to Kansas City that was our previous nearest Apple Store. Show us some love! It doesn't even have to be here. Tulsa would be fine! Or Springfield/Branson -- make it a tourist destination!

In other news, there is no news. Today was just another Monday at work, neither better nor worse than usual. Tomorrow should be interesting, at least, since I'll be going to the NWA .NET User Group meeting in the evening. I've been meaning to go for a while, and the presentation tomorrow is on NUnit, which we're going to start using at work soon, so it should be a fruitful trip. At the very least I'll score some free pizza for supper.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That Apple Store sure is a long way away. It's even farther for me if I were thinking about getting an Apple computer.... Oh wait. There's an Apple Store here in Memphis. Muwahahahaha!
I wish the Gateway Stores were still here. I liked browsing so I know what I was getting while customizing. I haven't bought a new desktop computer since they closed.

2/07/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in!

I liked the Gateway stores, too. In fact, I like any good computer stores. There are just lots of things (like monitors, for instance) that I prefer to see before buying.

Plus, the ability to walk into a store and pay cash for computers brings them nearly into the realm of impulse buys. If I have to go home and order online, I usually talk myself out of it.

On second thought, maybe it's good that we don't have one....

2/07/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home