free html hit counter

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sick Day

When I woke up yesterday, I had a sore throat. I thought it was just from sleeping with my head in a weird position or getting too cold Monday night, but it lingered on all day, and by the time I got home my sinuses were getting stopped up, too. I still think it may just be bad allergies, though. At least that's how I'm going to treat it, so we'll see how that goes.

This morning when I woke up, I felt truly rotten, so I called in sick and went back to bed. I finally got up about noon, at some soup for lunch, then slept until 5. I'm feeling much better now, but the real test will be how I feel after another night's sleep. We went to Wal-Mart tonight to get some sinus-allergy stuff, but unfortunately the old standby Tylenol Allergy-Sinus is no longer available with pseudoephedrine, even if you sign for it, and the new ingredient doesn't work nearly as well for me. Stupid meth makers.

In other news since my last post, the Arkansas-USC game turned out about the way I expected, and three games later we really don't have a good sense of how good the team really is. Yeah, they're 3-1, but they're a couple of good kicks away from being 1-3. The Auburn game should be pretty telling. Auburn may be better than USC this season, but I think we may not have the psychological disadvantage against Auburn that we did against USC, since we know Auburn. We play them every year, whereas USC had a bit of mystique that comes from the unfamiliar. I guess we'll see. Either way, though, being 6-2 at the end of October sounds really, really good after back-to-back losing seasons.

My knee is continuing to improve. Nearly all of the swelling is gone, and I'm back to about 90% range of motion. I've been able to make it to our past two softball games, so thanks to some rain-outs I really only missed one night. I wasn't too hot the first night, mostly hitting dribblers to third and short, since I was having trouble planting my right foot. This week, though, I was about back to normal, getting a couple of RBIs and even a triple.

Hopefully I can get back into blogging more regularly now, since I've kind of fallen out of the habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home