free html hit counter

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Blogathon Post

Although I did technically get a post up this morning at 12:12 AM, I felt like that was sort of a technicality, so here's a real post for today. It's short, though.

Went to church this morning to see a friend's baptism. It reminded us of how much we really miss having a church home...and how much we don't particularly like contemporary praise services. I understand that there are a lot of people who are touched by them, and that they do a great job of reaching out to new people, and I think that's great! They're just not for me.

As I told Heather Marie, I'd be pretty happy singing some hymns, reciting some liturgy, then having a half hour theology lecture. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan-
Hey-this is Eva. I just read your blog entry entitled "Jesus Wept". I thought it was great and since I apparently needed a good cry, I am doing so as I write. I have (or had) a copy of Nathan's eulogy, which I also found very impressive. I did not know I had such talented cousins! I knew you were extremely intelligent and musically bent, but did not know you were so witty and funny! (I have been scanning your blog.) Just wanted to say thanks. It really touched me that you took the time. I know your writing was a tribute to PawPaw, but I feel privileged to be counted your 'family'. I have not thought about Grammy Warren in years! What a jewel she was. Thanks again for your writings. Say hi to Heather Marie. Eva

1/09/2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks! I'd actually completely forgotten to tell my parents or anyone about writing that. I mostly just wrote it for myself, which is a strange way to think of something posted to a public website, I guess. My mom ran across it last week, and passed it around...then she got onto me for keeping it to myself. :-)

1/09/2006 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home