free html hit counter

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Purge - Part IV: The Struggle

Good grief, has it really been over a month since I enthusiastically launched into the office overhaul project with optimistic predictions of being done in a week or so? ("YES, it can!!!" my wife exclaims with exasperation.) You know what they say, though: the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time. It is nearly done, though.

We've finished all the fun furniture shopping and arranging, and all the creative decorating, and we're now down to the non-fun parts of the project. Those are mostly related to sorting through several boxes of papers, figuring out where and how to store the "keepers," and finally deciding where all the myriad odds and ends are going to go back into the room.

After all that is done, and the other room is cleared out again, the final task will be selling, donating, or recycling all the stuff we're not keeping. That may be the part I dread the most, personally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home